What’s the Point of a Funeral?
When a close family member or friend passes away, you are filled with grief that can sometimes be very difficult to handle. Many people wonder whether a funeral service is really required during that time, even though it’s something that families follow without questioning.
In one way or the other, most cultures have a funeral service after a death in the family. But this event is much more than just about following tradition blindly. The fact is that a funeral service serves many different purposes when someone passes away:
- You are able to say your final goodbyes in a more formal way.
- It's very comforting to have close family and friends around during this trying time.
- It also gives you the opportunity to reflect on what life and death is all about.
- It will give you a certain amount of closure that the person has actually passed away.
- It also gives you the chance to be thankful for the life you have.
- You are able to pay tribute to the decedent.
- If you are the one organizing the funeral, going through the process is another way of healing, as it keeps your mind away from your grief.
- It gives you the chance to provide comfort to others that aren't emotionally strong enough to deal with the loss.
- You can start the morning process during the funeral.
- You can also express your feelings and emotions of loss in an unbridled manner.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons why conducting a funeral service can help the bereaved family as well as others attending it.
For information about our services, just contact us or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help with all the funeral arrangements you need.
We are here to guide you and can also help plan a funeral service or memorial service as required. Contact Arbutus Funeral Service with your requirements for more details about funerals and other related topics.